Terms & Conditions
By using this Site, opening an account or clicking to accept the Terms and Conditions, you accept and agree to abide and be bound by these Terms and Conditions. If you are not willing to agree to these Terms and Conditions, you should not access or use the Site.
This Site is offered and available to users who are 18 years of age and above. If you are under 18, you may not use this Site or the Urban Service Hub services. By using this Site, you agree that you are of legal age to form a binding contract and meet all the eligibility requirements. If you do not meet all these requirements, you must not access or use the Site.
DEFINITION OF TERMS
Urban Service Hub: will be referred to as “USH”, "Us", "We", "Our" and "Ours" throughout the Site.
Site: This refers to the website of Urban Service Hub (urbanservicehub.com) and all the pages, content and sub-domains contained therein.
Client: A registered person on Urban Service Hub requesting for a particular service.
PRO: A registered professional on Urban Service Hub that provides a particular service; also referred to as the Service Provider.
Vendor: A registered individual on the platform that interfaces between USH and Service Provider(s) who are not tech-savvy and do not have the knowledge of how to operate technology.
Service Request: This is made by a Client to receive a Quote from a PRO.
Quote: This is an exclusive proposal created by a PRO in response to the Service Request of a Client.
Dispute: This is a disagreement experienced during the course of carrying out a Service Request. A dispute can only be raised by a Client as regards the Service Request on ground.
Wallet: This is a provision made by Urban Service Hub where ALL payments pass through, i.e., PROs are paid for services rendered through their Wallets and Clients pay for Service Requests through their Wallets. For Clients, Wallets are funded via wire transfers or Paystack.
- A PRO is a professional who first undergoes a vetting process by the USH verification team, before being allowed to respond to any Service Request on the USH platform.
- Only a registered and verified PRO, with an active subscription, may provide a service on the USH platform
- A PRO's eligibility is constantly evaluated by us to ensure that all PROs maintain a high standard of Service delivery and Professionalism. We retain the right to change a PRO's status in light of such evaluation.
- PROs must fulfill the Service Requests they are contacted for. Unfulfilled Service Requests will affect a PRO's reputation, status and star ratings.
- A PRO who has a severe drop in star ratings, high rate of late service delivery, increased cancellations, or constantly violate our Terms and Conditions also risk losing their PRO status and the benefits that come with it.
- A PRO provides service to Clients ONLY via the USH platform.
- As a PRO, each service you successfully complete enables USH to credit your account with a net revenue of 70% of the amount agreed upon with the Client.
- The PRO's wallet is credited and revenue is available for withdrawal seven (7) days after the service is marked as complete, and in the absence of pending dispute(s) raised by the Client.
- If a Service Request is cancelled, the funds paid will be reverted back to the client’s Urban Service Hub wallet.
- A PRO is responsible for paying any direct or indirect taxes.
N.B: Urban Service Hub DOES NOT encourage PROs to accept tips after the completion of a service.
- Only a registered and verified Client may request for a service on the USH platform.
- A Client MAY NOT offer direct payments to a PRO/Service Provider. Using payment systems outside of the provisions of the Urban Service Hub Order system is a direct violation of our Terms and Conditions.
- Urban Service Hub retains the right to use all publicly published and completed Service Requests for marketing and promotional purposes.
- A Client may request a specific service from the ‘Post a Request’ feature found from the Shopping dashboard. Service(s) requested must be an available service on the USH platform.
- A Client should refrain from using the ‘Post a Request’ feature for any purpose other than requesting for a service(s) on Urban Service Hub.
- A Client can make payments via their USH wallet, which can be funded through wire transfers or Paystack.
N.B.: Urban Service Hub DOES NOT encourage Clients to give tips to Service Providers after the completion of a service. However, if a client chooses to do so, it is solely at the Client’s discretion and Urban Service Hub would not be held accountable for any issues that may arise.
- Urban Service Hub does not refund payments in case of service failure by the PRO. Rather, we will provide a replacement PRO to get the service provided.
- In the case of a Service Request cancellation by the Client, a deposit refund can be performed by our Customer Support team (based on the request’s payment amount) and the funds paid will be reverted back to the client’s USH wallet.
- To prevent fraud and abuse, we limit the total amount of times a Client can request a deposit refund from their account, which is subject to review by our Customer Support team. Highly worthy of note is the fact that such refunds, if frequent, may be subject to an additional fee.
- Urban Service Hub provides no warranty to you that services generally available through the Site/App will be uninterrupted or error-free. EXCEPT where we are unable to exclude our liability by legislation, Urban Service Hub (in its entirety) will not be liable in any way to its registered Clients for losses or damages. Such losses and damages include those that may arise out of, or in connection with, your access and use of the Site/App (whether in contract, negligence, or otherwise)
- In cases where a Service Provider hired on Service Requests fails to deliver three times (either consecutively or on separate occasions) on these Service Requests, Urban Service Hub will suspend/deactivate the Service Provider’s account for a period of 30 days. During this suspension period, all subscriptions and/or other benefit on the Service Provider’s account would remain active.
- To ensure nothing disrupts delivery on service request placed by our Client, where a Service Provider fails to or cannot deliver on a service request once the cut-off time for said service request expires, Urban Service Hub retains the right to send a backup PRO after prior communication to the Client.
- Where a service request has to be delivered at the Client’s location, all Service Providers are expected to set off for the Client’s location before the cut-off time for the service request expire. Where a Service Provider has not set off for the Client’s location on expiration of the cut-off time, Urban Service Hub would assume the Service Provider unavailable and immediate engage a backup PRO. Note that for all service request, the default cut-off time is 2 hours.